Intimacy grows when you are willing to reveal your most vulnerable thoughts and feelings with your partner.
In order to share yourselves this way, you probably want to know that your partner is accessible, engaged and responsive to your hurts, fears and desires. If you sense that they are not, you may hide, shut down or push away, leaving you feeling disconnected and lonely. Over time, these protective strategies will eventually destroy a healthy, loving relationship. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Sige offers couples counseling out SF Women’s Therapy’s San Francisco and Berkeley offices.
Couples Counseling can help you:
1. Recognize the unique set of moves in your relationship dance that lead you to feel emotionally disconnected.
2. Discover new ways of sharing and responding that allow you to feel more in-touch.
3. Identify raw spots from your past and current relationships.
4. Learn how to soothe and attend to them with awareness and compassion.
5. Communicate effectively and learn how to receive what your partner has to say.
6. Know how to fuel the fire of your love and passion.
To inquire about couples counseling at our San Francisco or Berkeley location, call Sige directly at (415) 203-3040 or schedule a session online.