CONFIDENTIALITY: All information and your working relationship with your therapist will be kept strictly confidential, except if:
- You authorize the release of information.
- Your therapist is ordered by court to release information.
- You present the risk of physical harm to your self or others.
- Child, dependent adult, or elder abuse is suspected.
- In the latter two cases your therapist is required by law to inform potential victims and/or legal authorities so that protective measures can be taken.
LITIGATION LIMITATIONS: In the case that you should be involved in a court case such as, but not limited to divorce and custody disputes, injuries, lawsuits, etc. neither you nor your attorney, nor anyone else acting on your behalf will call on your therapist to testify in court or at any other proceedings, nor will a disclosure of the psychotherapy records be requested.
FEES & PAYMENT METHODS: We accept electronic payment through our online billing platform, check or cash. Fees are billed on a weekly basis.
INSURANCE: Services may be covered by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Keep in mind that insurance companies require a diagnosis to approve your claim. If you do have coverage, we are happy to give you an invoice to submit to your provider. If you have insurance, our contract remains with you and not with your insurance company. Insurance companies do not reimburse all issues/conditions/problems, which are the focus of psychotherapy. It is your responsibility to verify the specifics of your coverage. We will provide a monthly statement that will contain all information required by your insurance company should you choose to submit for reimbursement.
RESCHEDULING, CANCELLATIONS & TRAVEL: We hold your therapy hour as yours each week. If you need to cancel or reschedule your regular session time, please let your therapist know as soon as possible. We will do our best to find another time to the extent that she is available.
- You are responsible for paying your full session fee if you cancel within 48 hours of your scheduled session time for any reason.
- We offer five canceled sessions per year free of charge, including vacation and illness. Beyond that, you will be charged for additional absences, unless we have explicitly agreed to another arrangement.
TELEPHONE & EMAIL: Please do not reschedule or cancel your session through email. You may contact your therapist by leaving a message. In most cases, she will try to get back to you within 12hrs. She will return calls or emails made on weekends on Monday unless we have prior arrangements. If you need support in between scheduled sessions your therapist may be available for 10 minute check-ins. If our time on the phone exceeds 10 minutes you will be charged a pro-rated amount based on your fee.